On this episode of HealthMade Radio we learn about mold exposure from Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker who has devoted his life to finding the answer to illness caused by biotoxins. His findings are starting to change everything about the way the world views mold-related illnesses. The science is clear -low dose neurotoxin exposure, including toxic mold and algae, impacts our brains, vision, inflammation, and guts.
“It’s systemic. Not a runny nose, not a sneeze, it is an inflammatory cascade that we can show step-by-step, hormone-by-hormone,” says Dr. Shoemaker.
He says the key to it all is in our genes. By taking just one tube of blood from a patient, Dr. Shoemaker can see if they have the proper immune response gene. According to Dr. Shoemaker’s research, about 75% of humans have a gene that helps them fight against toxins in the body. The other 25% have a different variation of that gene which means their bodies cannot fend off the same attacks, including those that come from mold.
There is a clear and strong link between autoimmune conditions, gluten intolerance, celiac, psoriasis, arthritis, cardiovascular disease, and mold exposure.
Ritchie Shoemaker, M. D., is a recognized leader in patient care, research and education pioneer in the field of biotoxin related illness. While illness acquired following exposure to the interior environment of water-damaged buildings (WDB) comprises the bulk of Shoemaker’s daily practice, other illnesses caused by exposure to biologically produced toxins are quite similar in their “final common pathway.” What this means is that while the illness might begin acutely with exposure to fungi, spirochetes, apicomplexans, dinoflagellates and cyanobacteria, for example, in its chronic form, each of these illnesses has similar symptoms, lab findings, and Visual Contrast Sensitivity findings.
Taken together the inflammatory illness from each of these diverse sources is known as a Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome.
Dr. Shoemaker has dedicated his life and career to uncovering the link between the toxic stew found in many of our buildings and homes, and the vast amount of misdiagnosed and catch-all ailments physicians often assign patients for whom they cannot offer any real treatment.
Dr. Shoemaker conducts research with collaborators on an international basis. He has published eight books, the newest being Surviving Mold: Life in the Era of Dangerous Buildings and has numerous publications in scientific research journals, on audio and video tapes and in newspapers. He has made many presentations at scientific meetings, and has frequently appeared on television. Dr. Shoemaker was the lead committee member of the July 2010 Policy Holders of America position paper – “Research Committee Report on Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Caused by Exposure to the Interior Environment of Water Damaged Buildings.”
Quick Reference Guide:
HealthMade is a community for natural health seekers where we educate people about common health conditions and share extensive research on the most effective natural health treatments. Our core belief is in the innate intelligence and healing power of the body and that, if properly supported spiritually, emotionally, and nutritionally, it can find its way back to health. HealthMade Radio brings you information from integrative health experts from around the world!
-Your host is Dr. Michael Karlfeldt
This article originally appeared at: https://healthmade.co/the-clear-connection-between-chronic-disease-and-mold.